About Me

My photo
Am me.stupid but simple,gloomy but good,insane but interesting!!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hope and Happiness


Diwali...The festival I relate to 'hope' and 'happiness',my two best friends once upon a time... the friends who were always a part of me and whom I always used to carry...'hope' in my eyes and 'happiness' in my smile....this festival was always rejuvenating for them, so I used to enjoy it with a great fervour.I always loved it, when I could celebrate it with my parents and at home..Am here today, and this diwali is supposed to bring more happiness as there is an important function too at home..But, somewhere something is lacking. I feel so empty inside..Coz, my best friends are not with me today. I remember how happy I was, as a kid, to light up diyas, to decorate the house, to get new clothes, to spend time with the family...Among all those it was their company that made me live those moments.. They are not with me today..Angry with me that I have entrusted them to someone else not to their liking..They couldn't adjust to that new atmosphere and got sick..So sick that they are in their death bed..And they are not allowing me to pay a visit even..Sometimes I get to see them from a distance and pray that, they get well soon ,accept me as before and come back to me..But deep down, I know that I have broken their trust, broken the promise I have made to them, that I will have them with me forever...
Insecurity and grief , my new tenants ,are their enemies and since then they turned sick. They couldn't share space with them, nor could I free myself from these, who engulphed my whole and are refusing to leave..These venomous tenants, have poisoned my friends and they have left me for good...In getting rid of these and restoring the health of my old friends , lies my hope of today and happiness of tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In getting rid of these and restoring the health of my old friends , lies my hope of today and happiness of tomorrow...
and yes this diwali....they are ahead in ur future and that line itself is a proof to it.....